Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vanished by Joseph Finder - New Media Phenomenon


Let's talk about new media and book sales. Recently Joseph Finder [Photo Credit: Amazon.com] showed up as one of my Twitter followers. Now, I do not consider myself gullible, but I found it fascinating that a New York Times Best Selling author found me on Twitter. I started reading his tweets and realized he had a new book coming out in August called "Vanished".

Recently, he tweeted about an offer that for some reason or other I found too enticing to pass up. If you pre-order his book and then send him the receipt, prior to an August date, he will send you a signed paperback of one of his previous books, a signed book plate, and a comic book, based on some character in his new book, Vanished. It was all too intriguing especially since I am taking this New Media Marketing Class and trying to get a grasp on how powerful social media can be for marketing. (Note: I did have a Barnes and Nobel gift certificate sitting here just waiting to be spent.)

Anyway, I pre-ordered the book (it does sound like a great mystery) and sent in (all through my Twitter link) my request to take advantage of the special offer. We'll see what happens and once I read the book, I'll update this post and let you know how I liked it. And to think some people think Twitter is just a big waste of time. Doesn't seem to be for Joseph Finder ....

No comments:

Post a Comment